Monday, February 28, 2011

Mama where'd you go?

Sunday was a sweet day mixed with much sadness ... Domenick and I went to pick up my Mom to take her to visit her 7th great, great grandchild. Visiting Jamie, Pablo, Hayden and his new baby sister Keeley. She's beautiful!

Mom and I went for a walk thru the neighborhood, admiring the houses along the way and laughing at the silly things we talked about ... it was a much needed bonding moment. I loved it.

Later we said our goodbyes to Jamie and the family and headed North to drop my Mom off at her place. While driving Mom talked about the same things we talked about when we were heading South, and then the dreaded words came from her mouth ... "Vivian didn't come with us?" I said, you mean Tracey? She said, "No. Vivian, she didn't come with us?" Mom, I'm Vivian! "you don't look like Vivian (and shook her head, no)" She said this two separate times thru the drive home. Domenick was heart sick. I knew this day was coming, but I was hoping it was far, far into the future.
My siblings and I have a lot to think about ... I don't even know where to begin.