The important thing is to find a sweetener to replace refined sugar. Don't give up the sweet things, just find a healthier alternative.
How is this for a crazy stat: Most people consume 150lb to 170lbs of sugar annually which is approx 1/2lb of sugar a day!
Some replacements for refined sugar:
Stevia (plant based)
Agave nectar (plant based)
Pure Maple Syrup
... and so much more.
Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
By Jackie Graff of Sprout Raw Food Sprout Raw Food
8 fresh or frozen peaches, peeled and seeds removed (or mango or nectarine)
6-8 medjool dates or more to taste (pre-soaking softens)
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 Tbsp ground psyllium
1-2 cups blueberries, fresh if possible (or any berry)
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup walnut pieces
3/4 cup medjool dates
1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 tsp vanilla powder (use vanilla flavoring if you do not have a vanilla bean)
1. Place 1/2 of the peaches in a blender with the dates and sea salt. Blend well.
2. More dates may be added if a sweeter taste is desired.
3. Add psyllium and blend well.
4. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
5. Chop the remaining peaches, placing them in a bowl.
6. Blend the blended peaches again and add to the chopped peaches.
7. Place in glass cobbler dish and stir in blueberries.
8. Sprinkle on topping.
A raw cobbler?
Yes – and a good one, too! You’ll love all the fruit, nuts, and awesome flavor of this chilled treat.