Monday, February 7, 2011

60 Day Challenge The beginning

I woke up this morning with heartburn from the delicious pizza, chips and beer I had Super Bowl Sunday ... so I thought this was the perfect time to start the "Challenge" I've been talking about. If you want to do your own 60 day Challenge, just go to http://www.60dayjuiceup.com/

Day One is pretty simple:
Drink Barley Max!
This drink is considered to be the best way to break your fast in the morning.
It feeds the cells and is a living food ...
Breaking the Fast with Barley Max.
1 heaping teaspoon to 8 to 16 oz of purified water or your favorite juice.
Shake it up to get the clumps out, and drink up. It's that simple. The taste wasn't that bad. I can do this!
Day One Menu:
First thing when I wake up:
16 oz glass of Barley Max in water
Mid morning:
Chunks of fruit, 16 oz water
Lunch:
Hummus and Carrots, 16 oz Water
Dinner:
Big Salad, 16 oz Water
Late Snack:
Pear or Carrot juice (either are sweet and delish)

Side note: for anyone following my journal, this is not a fad to help me lose weight, this is a way of life. A choice to eat healthier and limit the foods that really are not doing anything more than filling up my belly until the next meal.