Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 12: Water

Water. It does the body good.
I love water! I really do. I drink it all the time.
Water flushes and cleanses your insides and keeps you hydrated. Most experts feel we should consume 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. This can also include veggie juices and the Barley Max drinks we drink. This does not include sugary drinks like sodas etc ... sorry.
When at home, I drink Steamed Distilled water that I do myself. I feel it's the purest form of water. It removes the inorganic minerals and chlorine from the water ... and it tastes really good. Otherwise I"ll drink bottled water. One thing to remember, never leave your bottled water in the sun. The plastic materials can breakdown into your water. If your water ever tastes like plastic, toss it! 
Side note: One of my personal tail tell signs to tell if I'm drinking enough water is to take notice of the color of my urine. It should be clear in color. The more water I drink, the clearer the color.

Today's Recipe
Sugar free lemonade
Ingredients

Juice from 1/2 lemon
8 oz. water
Few drops stevia (or 1 individual packet)
To make strawberry lemonade, add 5 frozen strawberries and blend.

Sun Tea
Ingredients

1 glass jug, jar or pitcher of water (approx. 48 oz, with lid or cover)
5 or 6 herbal tea bags
Directions

1. Submerge tea bags and cover jar.
2. Sit glass container in the sun for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Add sweetener of choice.
4. Chill and serve.
Who needs sugar? Use stevia, agave nectar, honey, or maple syrup to create these health conscious thirst quenchers!