Monday, January 3, 2011

New Beginnings, again.

I am currently on a journey to finding the right balance between what I consider "healthy" eating habits vs. my husband Domenick's idea of "healthy" eating. Let's take pizza for instance,  he says, "It has all the required "food groups" such as tomatoes, cheese, bread, and meat."  Ya gotta love the way he thinks.

I became a semi-vegetarian 5 years ago, but still eat fish. I've also attempted vegan (nothing with a face), raw diet (85% raw fruits, veggies, nuts, 15% cooked foods) and detoxing/fasting (flushing the system) ... and found it very difficult to maintain, but I'm not giving up.

I'm a huge fan of the "Hallelujah Diet" and discovered this really cool feature on their website called "60 Days to Reclaim Your Health" where they walk you thru the process of changing the way you eat. If you are not familiar with HD it is a Raw Food diet and lifestyle. I tried it before and loved it, but it's a lot of discipline and preparing and very difficult adapting when socializing at dinner parties or going out to restaurants because I am the only one eating differently.

With the step by step they are providing via video where you can see how they prepare their foods, I hope to have better success this time around. I'm going to give it another try and will journal my experiences. I hope you find my journey inspiring enough to make some healthier changes in your life too. 
Happy New Year!
-- Vivian